Saturday, July 27, 2002

BLOGATHON BEGINS:
This is the first time I've ever gone to work in my underwear. I'm sitting at my kitchen table with my laptop in front of me, stacks of notebooks and manilla folders on each side of me, and my wife looking on disapprovingly behind me. I just woke up and opened the blinds, and it looks like the gloomiest day of the week, with the rain tapping a steady rhythm on our air conditioner, so it will be a good day to be tethered to the computer, keeping my weblog, or "blog," for Blogathon 2002. I'm joining 212 other bloggers from around the world who have all agreed to keep our blogs for 24 hours straight, updating them at least every 30 minutes. Each of us is blogging for charity; my sponsor is the Tribune Co., which will donate $100 to Tribune Charities if I make it the whole way. 8 a.m. tomorrow seems an awfully long time away, but as I look at the articles and jottings I've collected around me, my thought isn't, how am I going to make it, but how am I going to write about everything I want to write about in a measly 52 posts?

No comments: